I use vitelity.net, with an old pc asterisk server.  They have rates
published on their site.  It also works with only a good viop (e.g. $100
Cisco SPA942)  phone.  Not like your fathers phone though, it takes some
fiddling...

-- Pat

On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Larry Brigman <larry.brig...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Russell Johnson <r...@dimstar.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Jan 21, 2011, at 2:57 PM, Larry Brigman wrote:
> >>>

> >> http://www.viatalk.com/
> >> I'm using the residential unlimited lite package.
> >
> > What are you using for an adapter? I have a Motorola adapter I got from
> Vonage (I think).
> >
> Nothing that is locked to the service provider like Rocket-8 or Vonage.
>
> Grandstream HT-503
>
> There is another service that I have reliable feedback about.
> http://www.callcentric.com/
>
> Check the following when you search for other providers:
> 1) Determine if they do number porting.
> 2) If they do/provide E911service.
> 3) What equipment do they support - Like an asterisk.

p.j.timl...@ieee.org
www.timlick.com
503-476-3119
10990 NE Paren Springs Rd.