On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 20:37:06 -0800
Mike Connors <mconno...@gmail.com> dijo:

>The 2 somewhat obvious choices are Asus Eeee pc and Acer Aspire One.
>Just curious what other Netbooks people are running Linux on and what
>their experience has been. I'll probably run my Linux of choice on it
>Sidux. Unless there's a really compelling Netbook distro that I just
>must run because it's just so awesome.
>
>For my purposes, battery life, light weight, overall speed, durability
>and the ability to upgrade at least the memory are the most important
>features.

If I was in the market for a netbook I'd look at the Motorola Atrix 4G.
You can get a laptop dock for it that basically turns it into a
netbook. When it's not a netbook its an Android 2.2 phone. Of course,
if you don't need a phone, then it becomes too expensive for a netbook.
At $500 for the phone + dock bundle it's even expensive for a phone +
netbook. But you'd have a netbook that can always connect and doesn't
need a friendly coffee shop.