On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 08:10:45PM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:38:34 -0700
> wes <p...@the-wes.com> dijo:
>
> >> Default GW
> >> 192.168.0.1
>
> >You cannot specify a default gateway in the Linksys (or any other major
> >brand's) router's stock firmware. This may be possible with an
> >aftermarket firmware.
>
> The Linksys web setup pages allowed me to do so, but afterwards I was
> unable to connect to it, either via ethernet or wireless. Had to do a
> factory reset and start over.

The default gateway is irrelevant for devices on the same subnet.
Are you sure you didn't typo the Linksys IP addr?
At times like this it is handy to use nmap to ping sweep your network.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Trading kilograms for kilometers since 2003

Today we look back at all that and can't fathom how using one chemical
or another had any significance compared to how much more important it
would have been to take pictures of something interesting.
    ~ Ken Rockwell http://kenrockwell.com