I think another one has blown.  The proprietary Linux driver is no good,
Catalyst needs to be fixed.  I think this video card only works well
in Windows 7.  I can't even get the card to post right now.  I get a
no input error.  So, I've switched to the Internal VGA port.

I might be able to use the VGA output on the HD5450, but I shouldn't
have to.

Anyone have any idea at all why the HDMI port on the HD5450 goes out?
It fails so completely that the computer won't even display video at
POST.

This motherboard has a standard PCI express port, can I replace this
junk video card with one that will perform well under Linux?  I want
something that does NOT need a proprietary driver like Catalyst which
has serious bugs.

I am not sending this video card in for replacement again.  It should
not be failing so soon, the card should work with the board as it came
with the Barebones kit.  I went to AMD thinking, maybe my video woes
will end.  Now I'm thinking, AMD is as bad or worse than Intel.