On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 6:50 PM, Michael C. Robinson
<plu...@robinson-west.com> wrote:
>> Personally?  I would just buy a Blu-Ray player box if I wanted to
>> watch the things.  Any real computing platform is going to make it
>> way, way more pain than just pirating the content would be.  For your
>> protection, of course. ;)
>>
>> Daniel
>
> I'm not trying to pirate Blu-Ray discs.  I do have a legal right to
> circumvent copy protection for making legitimate backup copies if I own
> the Blu-Ray disc.

No, you don't, if the Blu-Ray Disc is encrypted.

Section 1201 Circumvention of Copyright Protection Systems

"[...] No person shall circumvent a technological measure that
effectively controls access to a work protected under this title."

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/

--
Vincent L. Damewood
+1.503.926.4563