Michael,

> # cat /var/log/maillog|grep 'No decoder for '
> Sep  7 06:52:49 web amavis[12457]: No decoder for       .lzo  tried: lzop
-d
> Sep  7 06:52:49 web amavis[12457]: No decoder for       .arc  tried:
nomarch, arc
> Sep  7 06:52:49 web amavis[12457]: No decoder for       .zoo  tried: zoo,
unzoo

> I'm on a CentOS 5.6 system, how do I resolve these dependencies?

I'm not sure if I understand your question, but I'll give it a shot.  If
you're asking why those messages come up, it's because amavis will make use
of external (de)compression packages like gunzip, bunzip2, etc. if they're
available.    The ones listed above are kinds of compression/decompression
packages that amavis understands, but aren't present on your system.
They're not dependencies in the classic sense.  Amavis will work fine
without them, and mine has run for years without some packages similar to
these.  It just means that if someone sends you an e-mail with, say, a .zoo
attachment, Amavis can't decompress it to scan the contents.

The solution is either to not worry about .zoo attachments and the other
ones listed, or to install the external packages that know how to
compress/decompress these kinds of files.  You'll have to look to your
distro to find out which packages are needed to support those kinds of
files.

I hope that helps.

                            -Brian Martin