wes wrote:
> I used to see this on several services on startup. Sendmail used to give me
> the worst problems with it. I think it's related to trying to resolve its
> hostname, trying to establish it's own FQDN.

I slap my forehead and "Say why didn't I think of that!".  Because I
vaguely remember a similar problem.  That time I believe I put hosts
before bind in host.conf and a specific entry for the workstation.

Obviously doesn't work for this.  Probably CUPS trying to be clever.

I'll try the option three solution.

Thanks.

\\||/
Rod