Hi Keith,

This is a similar setup to what we have.

4 incoming lines into a 4 port FXO home brew asterisk box.

1 incoming fax line going to a PCI fax modem hooked up to HylaFax which
then is configured to email a PDF of the completed fax to us.

I have however setup Asterisk to listen for a fax on a line and it is
not very difficult.

So you could do with just the Asterisk solution if you want, just get a
4 port FXO
and use 3 for phone, 1 for fax.

-Bill Ensley
www.bearprinting.com