I've got Ubuntu 10.04 running on my laptop. Now I'm trying to add things
that I have on my desktop to the laptop. One of those is the Buoh Comics
Reader. I downloaded the source and am attempting to compile the
program. I start with ./configure and it does a bunch of checking. When
it's done it tells me I'm missing some packages:

No package 'glib-2.0' found
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
No package 'libsoup-2.4' found
No package 'gconf-2.0' found

So, I fire up Synaptic and look for them.

When I type 'glib-2.0' into Synaptic's Quick search I get four entries,
one of which is installed. It's not clear whether the other three are
what Buoh is looking for. Here's Synaptic's list. (In the second column
'(*)' is the Ubuntu logo.)

  S      Package              Installed Ver  Latest Ver  Description
[ ] (*) girl1.0-glib-2.0                    0.6.8-1     Introspection
data for GLib, GObject, Gio and GModule
[X] (*) libglib-perl         1:1.222-1 1:1.222-1   Perl interface to the
GLib and GObject libraries
[ ] ( ) libgfccore-2.0-02ca                 2.3.1-7     GTK+ Foundation
Classes Core - shared libraries
[ ] ( ) libgfccore-2.0-0c2a-dbg             2.3.1-7     GTK+ Foundation
Classes Core - debug symbols

I tried installing the three that weren't already installed and ran
configure again. I got the same error message. I must be missing
something. A clue stick would be appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens