On Mon, 2011-10-10 at 03:01 -0700, Jim Karlock wrote:
> Please don't leave. The disruptive person will get tired fairly soon
> and things can return to normal.

The person in question has been going off apparently since 2004. I do
not know if/what the moderators have tried since.

While I've put that person in my spam filter, I see enough from the
reactions / copy of his emails from others -- his latest rant would have
gotten him arrested (or more) in any US airport, even pre-9/11.

So while the reactions of some to leave the list make me sad, I find it
understandable. At this point, I do not know whether moderator actions
would be sufficient. Even if the person in question is successfully
stopped from participating on the list, the implied threat of violence
still remains.

Thanks,
Mike