On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 01:25:47PM -0800, wes wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Michael R <mich...@jamhome.us> wrote:
> > John Jason Jordan wrote:
> > > It's probably possible. But first I need to learn PXE stands for.
> >
> > It stands for Fun!
> >    Where
> > Fun == Preboot Execution Environment.
> >     and
> > combining the Clinic with an AT meeting on how to do it.
>
> You heard it everyone! Michael R just volunteered to come to the clinic and
> show us how to PXE boot!
> -wes

If you're not Sean Ellefson you missed out on the fun.
Despite a lack of test platform to verify my install
Despite not reading the docs closely enough
It still worked, almost the first time[1]

Sean and I worked together to correct the nits.  He then dived into recreating
the
environment in his portable test network. I honed the installation and
presentation.
The clinic rumbled around us.

If there is interest I can give an actual talk.

[1] When I set up my server/laptop with a static IP and then hopped onto the
Free Geek network
and ran dhclient to get an IP.  It also fetched an eth0 address for itself from
itself.
All the static addressing failed until that was resolved.

--
            Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
      Other Adventures: http://www.jamhome.us/ or http://westy.saunter.us/