I've searched the Vim Tips Wiki, asked on IRC and now here:

Is there a Vim plugin that will change % matching behavior to skip quoted or
escaped matches?

Given:

1  var1{
2     ...
3    { Target = 'blah blah.*}',
4     ...
5    }
6    ...
7    $fem = \};
8  }

With the cursor on { on line 1 % would then take you to line 8.

The intent is to navigate through Data::Dumper (a Perl variable analysis tool)
dumps with embedded quoted code fragments.

Cluestick pointer preferred.

For those of you who don't Vim, when your cursor is on one of [ { ( ) } ]
pressing %
will move the cursor to the matching ] } ) ( { or [.
There's also a plugin that will do the same with HTML tags.

--
            Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
      Other Adventures: http://www.jamhome.us/ or http://westy.saunter.us/