I assume you guys have looked into health plans through the software
Association of Oregon (www.sao.org).  I know they offer some plans to
members, but I'm not sure if that would suit your purposes.
                               -Mike

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:13 AM, jen montserrat <jen.montser...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Not only are they doing what you mention but the co-pays are increasing
> 10%.  I am at a loss where to turn as the options available are becoming
> more limited.
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Michael Dexter <dex...@ambidexter.com
> >wrote:
>

> > Hello all,
> >
> > Sorry for the non-technical topic but it will impact a lot of
> > independent contractors.
> >
> > Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Oregon is putting pressure on individual
> > (non group) health insurance plans and they're probably not alone. In
> > addition to the usual drop in percentage of coverage, this time they are
> > dropping entire doctor networks from the plans and channeling everyone
> > to groups that no one I know has ever heard of.
> >
> > I recall LOPSA (https://lopsa.org/) having a group insurance plan but
> > there site only seems to mention group liability insurance.
> >
> > Is anyone else facing this? Can you think of any group plans out there
> > that might suit independent contractors?
> >
> > Michael

"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe
in it.” -Neil DeGrasse Tyson