> > I just wanted to know if anyone
> > had tried Comcast's service locally and had already done the research,
> > resulting in  "yes it's available and here's what I did" or "no, they
> > haven't enabled it here yet".
>
> Yesterday, because of this thread, I did a little searching, and found
> http://test-ipv6.comcast.net. There's a list of mirrors on there that led me
> to test-ipv6.com.
>
> Both show me as natively running ipv6 on my Mac and router, the latter shows
> me as going through a 6to4 tunnel that I assume to be Comcasts doing, as I
> haven't set up any tunnels.

Hi Russell,

I don't think comcast is doing any kind of 6to4 tunnels any more.  In
addition, for that to work, you need systems configured specifically
for that (they can't just push it down via DHCPv6 or anything).  Do
you have an Apple router?  Either that or your Mac may be falling back
to 6to4 automatically once router discovery fails, which may explain
that.  I know Apple has been pretty aggressive about adding support
for that kind of thing.

tim