On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 9:18 PM, John Jason Jordan <joh...@comcast.net> wrote:

> What happened on the day in question is that I had logged in to my PSU
> Gmail account with Firefox, which I normally do not do (normally I
> access it with Claws Mail). Once I did so Firefox refused to offer me
> any login screen other than the PSU login screen, regardless of what
> site I was trying to log in to.

Google doesn't make it obvious, but you *can* log out via the Google
UIs.  It's a little bit different for each service, but generally,
there is a drop-down menu near your user name in the top right (often
associated with your picture / sillouette, and a very small down
arrow).

That menu should have a 'sign out' link, and it should apply to your
entire session -- that is, if you have youtube and gmail open, and
sign out via the Gmail ui, when you next load a page on youtube, you
should be logged out there.

With respect to /why/ you have all those accounts, I'll admit I'm also
confused (*I* think your phone would be more useful if you used a
Google account that you use for other things, for example); but that's
up to you.  There are legitimate security concerns with using one
account for all those things -- particularly on mobile devices, too.

--Rogan