>    Let's forget chromium; the Sony is running firefox-15.x and
> flashplayer-11.2, but cannot play flash video examples. Each site says the
> latest flashplayer needs to be installed and javascript turned on.
>
>    libflashplayer.so is in ~/.mozilla/firefox/plugins/ and /usr/lib64/ but
> not being seen. Javascript is enabled in firefox.
>
>    What am I still missing here? It should not be this difficult to get
> this
> working for her.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

To get conclusive information on whether or not the FF browser has the
flash plugin installed you type the command [about:plugins] in the FF URL
bar.

Enabled plugins
Find more information about browser plugins at
mozilla.org<https://pfs.mozilla.org/plugins/>.

Find updates for installed plugins at
mozilla.com/plugincheck<http://www.mozilla.com/plugincheck/>.

Help for installing plugins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.
------------------------------
Shockwave Flash File: libflashplayer.soVersion: Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1  MIME
Type Description Suffixes  application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash swf
application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl
My experience with Debian is often times things get moved around and file
links get broken. If FF doesn't report flash being installed and enabled. I
would just walk through the flash install process for whatever Slackware
version you're running. Here's a couple of good links I found for doing
that. They all have pointers to the slackbuilds and such.

http://www.basicconfig.com/install_adobe_flash_player_slackware_linux
http://slackerboyabhi.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/installation-of-flash-player-for-slackware-13-37/
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/ive-screwed-up-installing-flash-player-4175433956/

I wish I knew more about Slackware. Maybe in 2013 I'll make a concerted
effort to run it and learn it.

Hope this is helpful.

Cheers!,

Mike