My wife broke a key on her Thinkpad T30 laptop, and I had
to cannibalize another working T30 to replace it.  Normally,
my go-to place for keyboards is EcoBinary in Beaverton (they
have about 50 used ones for $12 each) but they are currently
out of T30 keyboards.  I imagine they will get some eventually.
I cherry-picked and stockpiled two keyboards in pretty good
shape for my T60s.

The Free Geek store sells a few parts-only machines, but I've
never seen anything as "new" as a T30.  There may be plenty of
parts in the reclaim bins in back.  eBay sometimes has used
keyboards, but I don't trust used keyboards I can't inspect.

And there are some web outfits that offer new keyboards for
old laptops for around $40, but they resemble the fraudsters
described on ripoffreports.  The few reputable parts dealers
I have previously purchased from are out of T30 keyboards.

08K4670 (NMB) or 08K4699 (ALPS) are the part numbers.

So ...

Are there other places in town that sell used laptop keyboards
over the counter?  Does anyone have a broken T30 with a good
keyboard?  Any reputable online stores that sell new keyboards
for ancient laptops?

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          kei...@keithl.com         Voice (503)-520-1993