On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 06:13:55PM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> It was about 10th and Burnside, on the NW corner of the intersection. A
> small shop, run by a pleasant older fellow. He specialized in cables. I
> went there a couple times to buy SCSI cables with different
> configurations on each end. SCSI sucked for compatibility, but was the
> fastest thing I could get at a time when I was trying to do DTP on
> Windows NT 3.5 with a massively expensive 5 GB hard drive. The fellow
> knew his cables.

10th and Couch, Gary Grosshoeme.  He died of complications from
an infection - which affected his mind, interfering with proper
treatment, and then his heart, affecting his mortality.  Nature
is an asshole sometime.

An excellent fellow, I spent perhaps 100 hours over the years at his
shop talking about this and that, and bought way too many cables.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          kei...@keithl.com         Voice (503)-520-1993