> I apologize that a few folks were subject to my wrath but I wish to
> address the golden rule of open source:
>
>Do not criticize a volunteer effort unless it is explicitly harmful

[snip]

> Or I am completely and utterly missing something.
>
>Michael

I don't think you were out of line at all.  The PLUG-JOBS mailing definitely
took a big uptick in spam with the transition to the new server.  Not sure
what got lost in translation, but it was dramatic.  I recall that Wil set
some very aggressive anti-spam goals for himself in the past (no spam, but
no false positives either), so perhaps we were benefiting as a by-product of
living in his server world.

That technical issue aside, though, I think the complainer was out of line
in tone and attitude. More importantly, they failed to recognize the amazing
amount of effort you and others contribute to PLUG, and how much is required
to make it all happen.  I think you were right to speak up.  I had a lead
role in a similar organization a few years ago (and did miserably), so I
speak from experience.

I appreciate everything you do for us.  PLUG just keeps getting better, and
these days I attribute that directly to you.  Thank you, Michael.

                               -Brian Martin