Two more annoyances ....

The panel at the bottom of the screen (WindowList) used to have an option to
"auto-hide". It doesn't do that anymore, and it's taking up valuable screen
real estate that I want back. I've checked every "configuration" and
"preferences" screen I can find. Any suggestions on how to restore that feature?

Also, now whenever I happen to move a window to the top of the screen it
automatically "maximizes" the window. Damnit, if I want Windows I'll run
Windows. :-( I can't imagine on what planet this might be useful. How
do I turn that off? If I want a window maximized I can do it myself.