I wish to access files stored on CDs. I place the CD in the drive and
close the door, and Xubuntu 13.10 automatically mounts it. The files
are visible in Thunar. But I want to access the files from the command
line. I can't figure out what the mount point is.

There is a folder /cdrom, but it is empty. From Thunar's location bar I
find cdda://sr0, but that doesn't work from the command line. The mount
command does not list the optical drive. Yet if Thunar sees the files
it must be mounted. I also tried /dev/cdrom and several other guesses,
but nothing I have tried so far works.

There is probably a command line incantation that will list mounted
devices, but I can't figure out what it is.