On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:14:40 -0800
"Roderick A. Anderson" <raander...@gmail.com> dijo:

>I think you're suffering from the gvfsd-fuse.
>
>Check out that line and see if your CDROM is there.

No such folder, nor is there a .gvfs* folder. That's odd, because I
have run into this before on Ubuntus, and found it annoying that not
even root could do anything with the folder.

However, while searching I did turn up a ~/.cddb folder. And inside it
is a folder Classical, inside of which is a text file listing the
contents of the CD currently in the drive. But nowhere do I see a list
of the six .wav files on the CD.

According to Google it's supposed to me mounted at /cdrom or
at /mnt/cdrom, but the former is empty and the latter doesn't exist.

Where, oh where, did Xubuntu hide the mount point?