On Thu, 09 Jan 2014 19:03:59 -0800
Joe Shisei Niski <joeni...@easystreet.net> dijo:

>On 01/09/2014 06:30 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> My new laptop (Sager NP9380) has a rather massive power brick. It is
>> about 11 cm wide, 1.5 cm high, and about 25 cm long, weighing at
>> least a kg. I want to acquire a second one so I don't have to
>> disentangle the one that came with the laptop from the nest of wires
>> on my desk. I checked sagernotebook.com and they want $165 for a
>> spare one.
>>
>> It says that it puts out 19.5 volts at 16.9 amps. Also, it has an odd
>> plug that is about one cm wide with four connectors, although I can't
>> tell if all of them are in use.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions for places where I might obtain a
>> replacement for a more reasonable price?
>
>Have you checked eBay?

Indeed, I did check eBay. But being sure that what I find is exactly
what I need is not easy. Most sellers do not bother to list the output,
nor do they show a picture of the plug. And the two that do offer
adapters with the same model number as mine ask upwards of $200.

It is also becoming clear to me that this power adapter has some
smarts, perhaps accounting for the extra two connectors; also possibly
explaining the cost. What the smarts do I have yet to discover.