Hi.

I have several machines---two Linux machines, one Windows 7 machine, and
one Windows 7 Virtual Machine hosted on one of the two Linux machines in
the setup. I am wanting to mirror a set of folders on all of these
machines and have any changes I make to this set of folders synced with
the other machines. It is highly unlikely that data will change on two
machines at the same time, since I'm the only one using them and, when
I'm using more than one, they are always connected to the same intranet.

I was thinking of using some combination of rsync and NFS to get the job
done, but I am curious if anyone here has any better ideas before I get
too involved in setting this up.

One thing that will only work as a last resort is Samba protocol
(Windows network-sharing protocol). I say this because whenever I use
this setup, Samba invariably fails and when Samba fails, it destabilizes
any Linux machine attached to it to the point that I am forced to
restart the Linux machine, and usually the Windows machine in question
as well.

Thanks in advance for your advice!