To date, I've been doing my accounting in Peachtree, on Windows XP, in
Virtual Box, under Linux.

Windows XP is going out of maintenance, and I'm thinking this is a
sterling opportunity to purge that windows-ism from my office.

Does anyone use an accounting program under Linux, with or without Wine?
My preference is for a program that comes set up for a small business;
something that's native-Linux is better, but something that's worked
well with Wine is acceptable.

I am NOT looking for a suggestion on the lines of "oh, use a spreadsheet
(data base, paper ledger, whatever)".  Accounting programs get sold for
a reason.  If that's your input, thanks in advance and please hold it
in.

--

Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com