Take a look at Ganeti:

     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0NpwjXEvyQ

The talk provides an introduction to Ganeti.

This and other presentations can be found here:
    http://code.google.com/p/ganeti/wiki/Publications

Ganeti comes from Google, it's used internally to provide various
infrastructure as a service services to Google itself. It's much simpler
than OpenStack and IMO (for many reasons) provides a much better solution
for small cloud deployments than OpenStack. This is a mature cloud stack,
it's clean, simple, and it's easy to operate and maintain. You can get a
fully redundant, including storage, cloud up with just 2 nodes.

Kevin