On Fri, 2014-10-24 at 14:55 -0700, Alan wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-10-24 at 14:32 -0700, Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 11:36:37AM -0700, a...@clueserver.org wrote:
> > > I am considering doing a talk on two factor authentication using hardware
> > > tokens as a talk for PLUG.
> > >
> > > Are people interested in that? Should I gear this for Advanced Topics or a
> > > regular meeting?
> >
> > Advanced Topics, please.
> >
> > I am particularly interested in the thinking that goes into
> > identifying and correcting weaknesses, even after the hardware is
> > deployed.
snip

I think multi-factor hardware authentication falls into the category
known as "device fingerprinting".

One example, based on the company I work for, is documented here:
http://openam.forgerock.org/openam-documentation/openam-doc-source/doc/admin-guide/index.html#device-id-match-hints

Essentially, an auth system collects hardware-based info such as screen
resolution, and assigns points on a customizable scale. The format can
be set up in a fashion similar to Linux Pluggable Authentication
Modules.

Depending on timing, I might be able to help out with such a talk.

Thanks,
Mike