Denis Heidtmann wrote:
> I am trying to set up my new printer to connect to the internet for
> HPInstantInk.  I understand the way to insure that the printer has a
> static IP address is to give it one above the DHCP range of the
> router.  The router currently has a range of 192.168.1.2 to
> 192.168.1.254.  I cannot find out how to change this range.  I edited
> the .254 to .253 but it does not stick.  I do not see a save or some
> such feature.  What is the trick?
>
> -Denis

Denis Heidtmann
I don't know if this answers your question, but ...
My router starts passing out addresses from the low end
I have had a router that started at the high end
I picked numbers for my printers from somewhere in the middle, and I
have never had a conflict
I never told my router about them
Regards
Fred James