On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:52:55 -0800
Michael Rasmussen <mich...@jamhome.us> dijo:

>On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 09:18:07AM -0800, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> Now all I have to do is hit Firefox over the head with a 2x4 so it
>> will remember that I want to open PNG files with Ristretto.
>
>It may be your desktop environment that needs to be hit with the 2x4.
>In KDE this would be System Settings => Applications => File
>Associations In your environment of choice it's probably different.

That could be. I have long had a problem with launch menu items - they
keep disappearing. Today I discovered in Alacarte that the Xfce Settings
Manager had been unticked. After ticking its box and launching it I
couldn't find anything for application preferences. But that could also
be due to other issues which make icons in the Settings Manager fail to
appear. The functionality may be in Settings Manager, I just need to
fix it so the icon appears. Meantime, it would be helpful if I knew how
to fix associations with the command line.

I plan to work on the menus and icons at this Sunday's Clinic.