I'm going to add that thats fanless, and that's a quality I like in a video
card if my computer's gonna be anywhere near my tv and I'm gonna watch
movies on it...  $35 on newegg...  Should play videos just fine, but you
could definitely do better if you research the Certified list...

3d should work fine, but its not up for super modern games via steam, if
so, you should maybe check this: (might work with your current card, too,
try nvidia experimental driver )
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Valve#NVIDIA_Graphics

Driver Upgrades

Some games will run fine with your current set up, others may require
updated drivers to get the best performance, and a few may refuse to run
without the driver updates. Determine what graphics hardware you are using
and follow the appropriate section below.

NVIDIA Graphics

   1.

   In 12.04, launch the Additional Hardware Drivers dialog from
   System Settings. In 12.10, launch Software Sources, then click on the
   Additional Drivers tab in the Software Sources menu.
   2.

   Install the newest *nvidia-experimental-NNN* driver. Note that you
   probably will need to scroll down to see the experimental drivers.

[image: ahd_2.png]

If your graphics is too new, it is likely that no result found in the
dialog. An alternative method of installing the drivers is to install
manually:

   1.

   Visit nVidia DevZone forum <https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/99/> to
   find the latest version of drivers. You may try versions indicated
   "long-lived branch release" for better support.
   2. Download the appropriate version (e.g. Linux_x86 / Linux_x86_64) of
   driver.
   3. Logout X window and login text mode terminal (e.g. Ctrl-Alt-F1)
   4.

   Kill X window (e.g.  /etc/init.d/lightdm stop )
   5.

   Remove nvidia-xxx packages (e.g.  dpkg --purge nvidia-* )
   6.

   Change the file mode of the downloaded file (e.g.
    chmod 700 NVIDIA-*.run )
   7. Execute the downloaded file and follow its instruction to install the
   driver.
   8.

   Execute  nvidia-xconfig  to generate  /etc/X11/xorg.conf
   9.

   Restart X window (e.g.  /etc/init.d/lightdm start )