Dear PLUG Members,

The Second-annual OSCONtest for a sessions pass received three entries:

Docker: Up and Running (Paperback)
David A Gibbons
http://www.amazon.com/review/R1KLWZ4HAJGTGA

Effective Modern C++: 42 Specific Ways to Improve Your Use of C++11 and
C++14
Scott Meyers
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1326437454

Docker: Up and Running (Paperback)
Scott Bigelow
http://www.amazon.com/review/R3I23O2HMIQ6AX

The panel of judges was disappointed by the small number of entries but
was very impressed by the thoughtfulness of the reviews and were
surprised that two were about the same timely book.

Kudos to David for mentioning use of Docker at work and less-obvious
things like Kindle highlighting.

Kudos to Scott M. for recognizing the humor and clarity of the book,
culminating with the ever-important "And now, after all these years, can
finally say that I understand."

And finally, kudos to Scott B. for the detailed list of key points and
weaknesses and the poetic reference to the title, "...outlines what it
takes to get Docker not just up, but running in production." This
attention to detail even got the attention of the author, even though
both he and David both pointed out small errors: "Thanks for the review,
we really appreciate the feedback. We're on the typos and apologize for
them slipping through."

All things considered, the pass goes to Scott Bigelow for the structure
and thoughtfulness of his review.

David and Scott, M, if you attend the Expo Hall, please find me for a
few on-site benefits.

Great work and see you at OSCON!

Michael Dexter
PLUG Volunteer