On Tue, 3 Nov 2015, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> I'm (again) toying with the idea of a new laptop. As I look at models I
> see ... VGA? Is VGA still needed for projectors? If not I see no need for
> it.

Michael,

   I don't know if the laptops you're considering have dual video modes (VGA
and DVI, for example), but having a choice can be helpful when one channel
dies. Regarding LCD projectors, the advantages of VGA include being
supported by most projectors and the lower resolution makes reading easier
for the audience, especially in a large or brightly-lit room.

Rich