On 12/22/2015 12:11 PM, Michael Rasmussen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 11:32:48AM -0800, Dick Steffens wrote:
>>> Consider upgrading your car radio to one that supports  Bluetooth.
>> It already does, but that's tied up with the phone. But there's a stereo
>> mini jack on it, right up front, that I can use with a cable between it
>> and the headphone jack on the computer.
> You're not telling us you talk and drive?
> tsk tsk tsk

I just answer the phone if it rings. I never got around to setting up
the car's phone book. (A Panasonic with Bose speakers in a 2008 Nissan
Altima.) If I need to make a call, I'll pull over, or have my wife make
it. About the only time I remember making a call from the car was to
arrange for a Pizza for us to pick up, so it doesn't happen often. And
again I didn't make the call. I do get annoyed with drivers that don't
use some kind of hands free device. Before this car (new to us a year
ago this past September) I relied on my Jawbone. I did place calls with
that, but just to ask my wife if she wanted me to stop at the store on
my way home.

> I became indoctrinated to bluetooth car radio borrowing my father in law's
> Prius.
> Very quick to develop a desire to have it. The road noise in my Westy is much
> louder
> which dulls the experience.

The Altima is reasonably quiet with the windows up, and not too bad with
the moon roof open.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens