Lately I've been noticing that my upload speed seems to be slower than
I'm paying for and slower than it used to be. I haven't had any big
downloads lately, so I don't know if there is a similar reduction in
maximum download speed.

I pay Comcast for 50 Mbps download and 25 Mbps upload speed - what
Comcast calls their "Performance-75" service. Lately the maximum upload
speed has been about 800 Kbps instead of the slightly over 3 MBps that
it is supposed to be.

My computers are both Xubuntu 14.04.3, up to date. There may be
something built in that would tell me what I want to know, but I could
use a clue what to look for.

Suggestions?