On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 1:14 AM, Louis Kowolowski
<lou...@cryptomonkeys.org> wrote:
> I’m making some assumptions here, and if they’re not true, you can either
> correct me, or if the functionality i describe is what you want, take a look
> at https://www.cryptomonkeys.com/2014/07/automatic-http-proxy/ where I detail
> how to set this up.
>
> Presumably you have:
> a) a web server that is passing the proxy.pac file out, and generating logs
> b) configured the browser’s proxy settings to “auto”
>
> When you start/load the browser, you should be able to see in the webserver’s
> logs that its pulling a copy of the proxy.pac file. If this isn’t the case,
> that’s likely to be your problem. The site you mention is a little light on
> details for all this, so I’m not sure if you only have a partial setup, or if
> you’ve misconfigured something.

A bit more detail: I recently got a Chromebook (nope, I haven't
installed Linux/Crouton on it, yet).  So this system does not have a
web server on it, which is what I would normally use.  And I don't
want to set up a remote webserver.  Instead, my hope it to have the
proxy.pac file reside locally on the Chromebook itself.  So the URL to
the proxy.pac file would be something like
file:///home/chronos/.../proxy.pac.  But thus far, that does not seem
to be working.

Thanks for the feedback thus far.

Regards,
- Robert