I vote for 3. bhyve.

This seems like an opportunity for a series - I'd love to hear about
the same topic, but in KVM or event better - the state of Linux
virtualization - practical do's/don't/storage/etc.

Sadly, I am not expert in the field beside using virtualBox personally
and running bunch of Xen instances in the past.

Tomas