On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Denis Heidtmann <denis.heidtm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Matt McKenzie <lnxkni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I may have mentioned before on the list, I had a few extra Thinkpad X200
> > series, I sold a few but I still have 1 more X200 left.
> > It has an Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, 12" screen, and currently no HDD. My
> > last asking price on CL was $75, so I'll take whatever in that ballpark
> you
> > would want to offer for it, if this model interests you.
> > I'll have to double check but I don't think it has AC adapter or battery
> > either, I may have found a spare battery since the last time I posted it
> up
> > on CL.  I have pics if you are interested.
> >
> > Lenovo info on X200:
> > https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/migr-73156
> >
> > Good luck with whatever you choose.
> >
> > MAY THE SOURCE BE WITH YOU!
> >

> > Matt M.
> > LinuxKnight
> >
> > That sounds interesting.  Knowing little about laptops, I must ask.  This
> spare ssd drive I have is labeled 2.5" (SATA).  The  specs you pointed to
> lists 9mm.  Those dimensions are not in the same league, so what gives?
> Maybe this one is in a case to expand 9mm to 2.5"?  I will ask my son what
> the history of it is.
>
> Thanks,
> -Denis

Oh that is the height of the drive, 9.5mm.
The width is the standard 2.5" that most laptop drives have had, until they
went to the M.2 SSD interface in recent ultrabooks.
Why they use mm for height and inches for width... *shrug*  because America
hasn't embraced SI units beyond scientific communities ...? Whatever.

This one will take any standard 2.5" width SSD or HDD, and it is SATA
interface.
I tested it with a regular HDD.

Matt M.
LinuxKnight