On Wed, 18 May 2016, chris (fool) mccraw wrote:

> Dunno what kind of camera you have, but the last camera I had, had images
> that were many megabytes in size and speed made a huge difference when
> transferring. If you transfer 1-2 pictures at a time no problem, but I
> transferred hundreds / huge movie files and it made a noticeable - 10x -
> difference when i upgraded to usb3.

Chris,

   A Canon EOS Rebel T3, the low-end of their line.

   As long as a USB3 cable supports USB2 (if that's what the camera and GPS
receiver use), I'll go for one of those.

   But, I normally have only a few images to transfer; I don't accumulate
them on the SD card. Based on your experiences, if I have a large volume to
transfer I'll remove the SD card and put it in a reader.

Thanks,

Rich