On Sun, 26 Jun 2016, Nat Taylor wrote:

> sweet, pre built, now all you gotta do is mount the iso on your vm, or
> mount it on the computer and then put it on a usb drive, then mount that
> on your vm. not sure how much of a pain that'll be in qemu-kvm, guess
> you'll find out.

Nat,

   I found the drive (the guest OS sees it as a cdrom), and can look at the
directories and files. I'm cluless how one mounts it in windows.

   Here's the script I was given to start the vm:

qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -machine accel=kvm -m 4G \
   -cpu host -smp 2 -hda windows7.img -vga std -sdl -display gtk \
   -usb -boot order=cd -name "Windows7pro64" \
   -cdrom data/applications/images/virtio-win-0.1.118.iso \
   -netdev user,id=mynet1,hostname=win7vm \
   -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=mynet1,mac=52:54:00:35:a6:50

Notice that it calls the virtio file.

   Perhaps it's the -device fir virtio-net-pci and netdev that are incorrect.
A pointer to low to find the netdev name and mac address might well resolve
the issue.

> Is it faster than virtualbox?

   Dunno; don't care. All I want to do is update maps for the Garmin Nuvis I
have.

Thanks,

Rich