On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 11:51:39AM -0700, wes wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 9:52 AM, Michael Rasmussen <mich...@jamhome.us>
> wrote:
> >
> > [snipped]
> >
> [blah blah blah...]
>

> > In short, postfix's SPF checker is the only entity that associates
> > 167.88.112.146 with cave.michaelsnet.us
> >
> > What is, or may be, causing this?
> >
> I don't have a solid answer for you, but I can add that I've seen a few
> similar failures elsewhere recently. Your actual SPF record is as follows:
>
> $ host -t txt michaelrpdx.com
> michaelrpdx.com         TXT     "v=spf1 mx a"
>
> Which instructs postfix to look up the mx record for michaelrpdx.com and
> automatically authorize that host to send emails for that domain. This
> relies on the second DNS lookup (the first being for the SPF record) to
> succeed, which may not always be the case. I would advise adding the IP
> address of the server to your SPF record. This has worked well for me in
> the past in similar situations.

And the a at the end asserts anything that matches A or AAAA records is
acceptable too.

Note:
host -t mx michaelrpdx.com
michaelrpdx.com mail is handled by 10 cave.michaelrpdx.com.

I'll add the specific address records, but considering it's already valid I'm
not hopeful.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity