On 10/05/16 21:14, Larry Brigman wrote:
> I suspect that you are getting the the autodepends and it is finding
> something in the list that it thinks should be there.  You should try
> adding
>
> AutoReqProv: no
>
> and rebuilding again.

Thanks!  That was indeed the problem.  I now have my rsnapshot package
installed under CentOS 5.

There is a perl script in the rsnapshot doc directory that uses perl DBI
and XML modules.  Some searching suggests that under Fedora it is
forbidden to generate requires/provides based on the contents of
%{_docdir}.  Apparently that does not apply to CentOS 5 or 6, because
packages built there pull in DBI and XML perl dependencies.  I don't
have a CentOS 7 machine, so I'm not sure about that environment.

<https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AutoReqProv_%28draft%29>

Regarding the Lchown module that Dale mentioned, yes, that is also
dependency.  I back ported a recent Fedora release of that package in
order to get it.

Also, I generally follow Ali's advice and avoid installing anything
beyond CentOS and epel packages.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

galen
--