On 12/30/2016 08:32 AM, Chuck Hast wrote:
> That is interesting, I have two of them, one I use for demo's and to setup
> for
> data captures in places where I might want a bit of data on a location, and
> the
> other is just here at the house. The demo one lost the console the other
> day,
> and I am trying to figure out what did it perhaps it was too much 440 Mhz RF
> from my Icom radio... I will have to check that out.
>
> So are you using the sensor head and just decoding the packets as they are
> sent? If so that is interesting because I am going to get the bad console
> re-
> placed but I have been thinking about trying to decode the data direct from
> the sensor head as I have a location I want to set one up but it is remote
> and
> there is really not much need for the console if there is a way to capture
> the
> data off of the sensor head and use it that way.
>
> Are you still using the RTL_433 as the radio?

Exactly - the sensor is outside, and I have an rpi with a nooelec SDR
sitting in the house. The only thing you get from the console that the
station doesn't have is baro pressure.  For that I picked up an i2c
sensor that's hooked up to the pi and read by the python script.

I tossed it up here, if you want to give it a go.  It's worked on both
an original model B and a pi 3 for me.

https://github.com/diffra/AcuRiteSDR
--
   James Bertelson