On Mon, 20 Feb 2017, Dick Steffens wrote:

> Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this?

Dick,

   Two things: First, in the CUPS admin page under either maintenance or
administration look for an option to restart the printer. If that's not
present or resolving the problem proceed to the more involved fix.

   Second, delete the printer and re-add it. Copy the parameters if need be
before deleting the definition. I've needed to do this a few times over the
years and it always results in a working printer that CUPS recognizes.

Good luck,

Rich