Who do you bank with? Popup blocker? I have run into that though I think
that
it is somewhat hypocritical of banks to demand all kinds of security and
then
demand that you disable your popup blocker so you can use their web pages.

Usually when I get that error with Chrome/Chromium, I go down to the
button and hit that, then you should get a button that tells it to accept
the cert
and do it anyhow, it will howl and tell you that the site may take your
first born
or hold you ransom for the rest of your life, but if you insist it should
take you
to the page in question. Just be sure that you are going to the real thing,
I had
some bad guys try to hijack a machine at a customer site, they got as far as
getting it to show a bank login screen, but the part that would capture the
login
and password did not work (the security in the file system kept the page
from
writing the info to a text file which the bad program was supposed to call
home
and send to the bad guys), anyhow the bank screen looked like the real
thing,
the only reason it got caught early on was the URL directed to a Barkleys
Bank
screen and the local ISP caught it and called me, they had turned the link
off
I went to the site, they turned it back on, found the source of the problem
(some
code that was supposed to have been purged from that machine but somehow
did not get totally removed, it was PHPADMIN, which I had removed but the
part that stayed on allowed them to get into the machine and put that bad
code.

Once I found it and purged it and the remaining code for phpadmin, it was no
longer an issue.

Just make sure that you are not being sent to something that is not what it
looks like, this LOOKED exactly like the same thing, the giveaway was the
URL.

On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 6:47 AM, Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com>
wrote:

>    Running Slackware-14.1 on this desktop with three browsers installed:
>         firefox-45.8.0 (upgraded today)
>         chromium-54.0.2840.100
>         opera-12.16 (upgraded today)
>
>    This morning I tried to download February's bank account statements but
> failed using each browser.
>
>    Firefox has worked before (but my bank sometimes has difficulty working
> with new version). Today, clicking on the 'Statements' link opened a new
> tab
> which immediately closed. Tried several times, then logged out.
>
>    Chromium tells me that https is insecure (yeah, right) and won't load
> the
> login page. (It shuffles its feet in the dust and shows, 'aw, shucks. We
> screwed up' as a pitiful excuse.)
>
>    Opera allows me to access the account page but does not display an
> links,
> including the 'Statements' one.
>
>    Has anyone experienced similar issues with browsers and banks?
>
> Rich

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
Glass, five thousand years of history and getting better.
The only container material that the USDA gives blanket approval on.