I wish other companies would publish yearly hardware failure rates like
this one:
https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-benchmark-stats-2016/
Based on my cursory glance - failure rates do not correlate to warranty
lengths all that much.
There seems to be positive correlation to plater count - so getting the
biggest state of the art HDDs does not seems to work for reliability
and cost looking at the past trends.
If you care about your data - there is no substitute for RAID plus
backup.
As Galen noted unless you buy drives separate from your enclosure - you
have no idea what you are getting AND you cannot access the drive
itself for recovery, SMART and diagnostic in general.
Tomas