On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 04:06:31PM -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   For a sole practitioner away from the office does a vpn offer benefits
> greater than ssh for communicating with the office network?
>
>   My question is prompted by upgrading openvpn here.

I use both, but that's belt and suspenders security ... I
must screw up two systems to create a large security hole.
I also run internal webservers, and some applications
(like CUPS) are configured by web pages, so openvpn means
I don't have to worry as much about firewalling which
services and information to where.

I keep the notes for how I configured openvpn last time
on one of the internal webservers.  Since the security
keys time out, and I would never ever ever reset them to
the maximum so I don't have to worry about how to reset
them, its a good idea to keep notes like that around.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          kei...@keithl.com