On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 7:40 AM, Galen Seitz <gal...@seitzassoc.com> wrote:

> On 07/04/17 08:55, Galen Seitz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yesterday I went to the newegg web site to buy a disk.  I opened a
> > private browsing session in Firefox and went to newegg.com.  I then
> > clicked on the login link on their home page.  At this point my memory
> > gets a bit fuzzy, but I believe it was at that point I got a "Your
> > connection is not secure" page from Firefox.  At that point I followed a
> > link from the Firefox page to the SSL Labs' test page.  I ran a test on
> > secure.newegg.com and it came back with a grade of F.  Unfortunately I
> > subsequently closed the firefox private session, losing the test
> > information and the IP address.  This morning I tried the SSL test again
> > on secure.newegg.com, and the resulting score was A+.  Now I'm left
> > wondering what was going on yesterday.  Has anyone else encountered
> > this?  I *really* wish I hadn't deleted that page with the F score.
> >
> > FWIW, my Firefox is ESR 52.2.0.
>
> OK, tried it again this morning and got the insecure connection problem
> again.

the next time it fails, right away, drop to a command line and issue "ping
secure.newegg.com" - this will tell you which IP your system is using for
this address currently.

however, the issue may not be with this hostname specifically. it could
easily be some other part of the page it's complaining about. perhaps
taking a screenshot of the error page (also showing the URL) would be
helpful.

this mailing list doesn't allow attachments, so you can either send it to
me directly for my opinion, or upload it to imgur.com or some other place
and post the link for everyone to see.

-wes