On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 12:57:47 -0700
Russell Senior <russ...@personaltelco.net> dijo:

>Personal Telco Project had its Annual Members Meeting at Lucky Lab on
>Hawthorne and it was *loud*.  The meeting room there isn't a good
>choice because of the cost.

That is deliberate. They do not want quiet. Anyone in the business of
purveying food and spirits knows that your keggage increases
commensurate with your youth quotient. If you want a high youth
quotient you need either loud music or buzz, or some of each. Finding a
venue with food and drink and a low enough noise level to be conducive
to a meeting is not easy and, if you do find one, I wouldn't take bets
on the financial strength of the business.

>Alan> How advanced do people want to go with the talks?  Graduate
>Alan> level? Not beginner? Something inbetween?

Even most of the general meeting topics are too advanced for me. But
unlike most people here I am not a computer science kind of guy. I just
poke at stuff on the screen until I get the computer to do what I want.