On Aug 23, 2017 7:54 PM, "Vedanta Teacher" <orevedantateac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Everyone,

  My Dell Insperon 15.6" that I was going to use in school this
September just died (the Motherboard no longer recognized
the Hd).

Are you sure it is not just a bad hard drive? Will it boot from a DVD or
USB drive?

Bill

I need reliability & durability more than anything. I'll need it
to last at least 1 year.

I'll be going to school for Software Engineering & Embedded
systems e.g. HTML, Perl, Unix, etc, etc.

I was thinking about replacing it with a Lenovo ThinkPad T570:

15.6" display

32 GB DDR4 2133Mhz SoDIMM Ram

For the hard drive they show :

Intel 180GB SSD 2.5 SATA3,OPAL2.0
or
512 GB SSD OPAL2.0 PCle-NVMe

(The 1 Tb version is $140 more.)

Q: What is the difference between

SATA3,OPAL2.0 & PCle-NVMe?

As an OS I'll probably be running Linux Mint, I just don't have
time to tinker with new operating bases at this point.

Blessings,
Paul W.