On Fri, 1 Sep 2017 08:21:44 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshep...@appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>   All this on Slackware-14.2/32-bit.
>
>I need to understand what the system is telling me. Firefox loads pages
>OK, but when I try to use the 'bug reports' link on www.gnucash.org it
>tells me it cannot load that page. One of the gnucash devs has no
>problems loading it.

Using Firefox 55.0.2 on Xubuntu 14.04, up to date, I went to the main
page at the link above, then clicked on Bug Reports and the page loaded
quickly and perfectly. The Firefox Help About says that I have "Mozilla
Firefox for Ubuntu canonical - 1.0." The URL for the Bug Reports page is
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Bugzilla

I wanted to see the html source and send it to you off-list.  I could
swear that there is a way to view the source in Firefox, but now I
can't find the button.

However, I did find Tools > Page Info that gives me a popup with
various tabs, including one labeled Security, which says "Connection
Encrypted (TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, 128 bit keys, TLS
1.2." It also says that the site is storing cookies on my computer. The
General tab says "Modified: July 27, 2017, 6:48:37 PM PDT." There is a
lot more under the other tabs but you can't select and copy most of it
to paste here, and I'm not sure which of it might be helpful.

I didn't try any other browsers.